6/27/2005

Locus?

Anybody writing a blog wants to have a cool, memorable and meaningful name for it. So why did I pick "Locus"?
Well, the idea of this site is to have one reference point for all the people and places that influence me. All the links on this site have an effect on the way I think or feel. Though it could never be complete, to some degree, they define me.

Looky here: (Wikipedia)
"The word locus (plural loci) is Latin for 'place'... In mathematics, a locus is the set of points satisfying a particular condition. It is mostly used when the set of points forms a curve of some sort (see locus (mathematics))... A circle is the locus of points from which the distance to the center is a given value, the radius." Sort of a small circle of friends.
"An ellipse is the locus of points, the sum of the distances from which to the foci is a given value." This is what you get with two people, each with their own focus.

I wish I could say I've made it clear, but in any case, I've said it.
free hit counters
Verizon Wireless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home