6/03/2005

Suffolk Bike Riders Association

About twenty years ago the food service industry began to take a toll on my health, particularly in the area immediately above my belt. Running was in style at the time, but profoundly flat feet and a tendancy to 'shin splints' left me looking for something low impact. I decided to buy a bike.

I had done well enough with a three speed as a kid, but things were different now. I didn't have the power to muscle through bad gearing matches, and it was easy to avoid periods of having nothing better to do. I still kinda wanted to, but progress was slow.

Finally, in 1989, I rode twenty miles in a charity event. It was the first time I saw people riding well equiped and maintained bikes. I was so impressed by the results of those advantages that I immediatly joined two clubs that eventually taught me to cycle effectively. SBRA was one of those clubs, and I'm pleased to add their site to my links list.
free hit counters
Verizon Wireless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home